MyBreast aims to raise the standard of commercially available surgery nationwide. So naturally, your wellbeing is our top priority and you can expect us to give you the highest standard of care.
We make sure that you are well-informed, assured, comfortable and safe at every stage of your procedure.
Importantly, you can rest assured that the surgeon you meet for your consultation will be the surgeon who performs your surgery. Your surgeon will see you for all appointments leading up to surgery and the journey afterwards.
And our pre and post-operative care is uniquely personalised. With comprehensive pre-surgery care notes, detailed aftercare instructions you will enjoy a first-class experience.
The pre-surgery care you will receive includes detailed pre-surgery instructions.
Please follow these instructions to help ensure you have a successful surgery:
- Do not take any aspirin or related anti-inflammatory (painkillers) i.e. Ibuprofen, Voltarol, Nurofen, for two weeks prior to your surgery. If painkillers are required, please take Paracetamol. NOTE: It is imperative that you discuss all medications, including homeopathic enhancers that you have ingested for the past few months with your surgeon as some may have adverse effects which could be threatening to your health.
- Do not eat, chew or suck any food or beverages 6 hours before your surgery. This includes water, gum, mint and sweets.
- If you smoke, follow your surgeon’s instructions prior to surgery. Smoking significantly reduces your body’s ability to heal effectively.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Wash your body with anti-bacterial soap the night before surgery. This helps to rid your body of the naturally occurring Staph bacteria found on the skin’s surface.
- Remove any fingernail and toenail polish. If you wear acrylics, ask your surgeon if you have to remove them.
- Please inform us immediately if you become pregnant.
Please keep us informed of your general state of health immediately prior to surgery i.e. if you have contracted a cold, infection or flu etc.
After your surgery, MyBreast won’t just discharge you. We offer a lifetime aftercare policy which means you can see your surgeon any time after your operation.